Shelly and I got up early and went down to U of I to the band day. It wasn't very warm, but it wasn't very windy so it was a great day to sit and watch bands. Eureka did really well- they won their class, and combined parade and field. Woot woot. We got to see most of class B field competition... and during the break we explored the new stadium a little. It's really cool! I'm so glad they didn't ruin it like soldier field. Shelly had never been up in the colonnades (which is a crime, so I dragged her up the ramps to see that.) Definitely my favorite part of the stadium.

On our way back to the car we passed the Abraham Lincoln mobile exhibit, which was just sitting in the Assembly Hall parking lot. So we walked through it. Just because it was there, it was free, and it was really cool! Plus we got penny tie tack pin things. :D

Then we went to the south quad to see the new bell tower... and walked back to the parade route to watch the parade... then walked back to see if the conservatory was open. It wasn't, which was very sad. We ate lunch at Za's. So good.
Matt and I went to Kevin K's for a weiner roast that night. It was enjoyable, even though I really didn't know very many people at all. I was sitting on the leeward side of the fire so I came home smelling like a chimney. Hooray.
Sunday I decided I didn't want to go to the wedding in W-ton so I went to Gridley instead. It's been a long time since I've been there. K, Amber, Sarah, and Sprout were all there... so yeah, it was good. They lost power in the middle of the last song of first service, so we ate lunch in the dark and then they canceled second service. We chilled at Kaleigh's after church. Good times.
So what's worse than when it rains cats and dogs? When it hails taxicabs! *grin* (I saw uncle bill in church)
1 comment:
Dusting is over-rated.
So that's where you ran off to Sunday. You didn't miss much, just the entire Eureka church coming to W-ton.
Oh, and did you know Mark and Danielle Wiegand are expecting again? Crazy!
Post a Comment