Monday, February 09, 2009

so warm

I'm ready for spring. It's been so nice out- I really want to plant flowers or something. I have a whole package of seeds that I ordered sitting on my dresser just waiting... actually, I should start them in my potting shed later this month if I have time.

It was a really good weekend, busy but not stressful. Friday Bob and I met BDY and J-nell at Tobin's for supper. We stopped on the way and picked out a cake... yeah... um... I really, really, really don't understand people that actually care about all this stuff. Cake is cake and it tastes amazing no matter how it's decorated. :D anyway. It was good to spend time with B and J, catch up, get some good advice... good times.

Saturday I learned how to drive stick shift.... yeah, I know, how does a farm girl not already know that, but I never learned. I only killed it a few times. (Once in front of Dan L. Ha!) :) um... and I need a lot more practice before it would be safe for me to drive in town.

We were in Tremont on Sunday and spent some time visiting his grandparents Sunday afternoon... played dodge ball with his little cousins... *grin* I have terrible aim. And I throw like a girl. O well.

So I guess we have to register this week... woot. :P That'll be interesting.
Blessings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's sad but true, my cousin's kids, who are all younger than six, throw better than Jenny.

Jenny said...

yeah, but they're boys... :)

I bet I can sew better. or something.

Anonymous said...

Okay enough with the gender role stereotyping you two! Jenny didn't throw that bad and it would be really funny to see Parker sewing... In fact I'd probably pay to see that.

Anonymous said...

Well Susan, if it makes you feel any better, I would probably pay to see you sew as well.

Wendi said...

I bet your house(when you have one, I mean :) will have a tons of gourgeous flowers.