Friday, July 09, 2010

Hey honey...

My coworkers and I went to Steak and Shake for lunch today. We were served by a waitress who insisted on referring to everyone as "Honey" the entire time. "And what would you like, honey? How's everything so far, honey? Can I bring you anything else, honey?" I.DESPISE.BEING.CALLED.HONEY. Especially by total strangers. I got way more than my share working at Lindy's. ("Oh, I don't need a bag/carry out/ receipt, honey.") And Hon. Ick. It's just so irritating when people use terms of endearment for people that they obviously have no affection for or relationship with. What happened to "Miss" or "Ma'am"? *grin* And yes, I realize that I sound like an old lady... although, they are some of the worst offenders.....

Anyway. Happy Friday.

O and in case you were wondering, Bob is not allowed to call me 'Honey' EVER. Or anything except Jenny in public... seriously... I have a name for a reason. :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

*grin* This made me laugh. I don't think I've called you honey, but I do call people that a lot.

Oh, and you do kinda sound like an old lady. :)

Jenny said...

ah yes, old before my time. *grin* I don't mind when people say stuff like, "oh, honey, blah blah blah;" it's just different somehow.

and it's different when you know somebody and are good friends with them, it just wierds me out when complete strangers call people that.

Old Farmer said...

pass the honey, honey
pass the sugar, sugar
pass the tea, . . .
:)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSp465Tm3uk

From Beej