We kept busy this weekend in spite of the snow...
Friday night was adult caroling at church. We went to Timber Ridge to sing. I don't think I've ever caroled there before; maybe I have and just don't remember. This year I ate a granola bar before so I wasn't starved by the time we got done. Our group was small so we didn't try any of my favorites- not sure why I like the hard ones that no one else likes to sing. And we only sang one H.B. song.... thankfully. It was a good time.
My only real plan for Saturday was to sleep in. And I did. It was glorious. And then I got up and cleaned. And caulked some spots in the bathroom that have been bugging me, and touched up the baseboard paint.... I was happy as a clam... or maybe that was just the paint fumes. Speaking of happy, The Happy Man used to bring us out a loaf of some kind of eastern European bread with his Christmas card... we referred to it as "Lukovitch bread." Mom got me the recipe and I tried it out. It's very walnutty. And it made a lot. And it only used egg yolks, so if anybody has any ideas for what to make with 10 egg whites I'll take suggestions.
We braved the storm and went to the big Koch Christmas Saturday night. And then Sunday we barely made it to church... haha... ok, one thing that's nice about living in town is how easy it is to get to church on a snowy, slippery, Sunday morning. They moved the program to the afternoon service which I was kind of glad for... if only because I didn't really want to go home and come back again. *grin*
And then we holed up in our warm house and I read "American Bungalow" and "Arts and Crafts" (my magazine splurge at Barnes and Noble) by the Christmas tree, with a plate of spritz and some Dr. Pepper. And we had homemade pizza for supper. So good.
I was hoping for a snow day today... sigh... but it was bright and clear and cold this morning.
Blessings.
3 comments:
my aunt makes little meringues for Christmas that are really good and they take egg whites...
you could make thumbprints with those egg whites
The spinich soup was good...just saying...
Post a Comment