Yay! We had a busy weekend at home.... I got lots of stuff done, which is good, because there's plenty more to do. :)
Friday night I made Springerli, or at least attempted to. The dough was a lot stiffer than it usually is and I barely needed any flour to roll it out. They have to sit overnight before baking at 325... which in my Saturday-morning-still-tired state looks like 375... oops. I've decided to blame it on the circuits. They were up on Saturday. Haha-thank you Harriet. The top rack got a little goldenish, but they still taste ok. Hopefully I'll find some more anise oil and I can make another batch sometime.
We went and got our Christmas tree on Saturday! It turned into a little bit more of a process than I was expecting. We decided to get a tree at Talbott Tree farm- they were cheap, which is good, but they don't drill the trunks for you. Um. Sooo... we stopped and borrowed a drill bit from Bob's parents and then had to wait while our drill recharged to use it. It's kind of hard to get it drilled straight... and we didn't... but, years and years of making real trees appear like they are standing up straight stood me in good stead. Hehe. It looks lovely and smells good and I like it a lot.
I froze cookie dough a few weeks ago so I wouldn't be super stressed and I baked up a bunch of Christmas cookies. We decorated them on Sunday. Well, Bob made it through about 6 cookies and he was done.... haha. I enjoy it, but by the time I got to the last of them it was getting late and I was very tired. And I tasted a few to many rejects- waaay too much frosting. :)
Funny story- we went over to Bob's Grandparent's house after church on Sunday. They had some stuff in the garage that they are trying to get rid of and they wanted everyone to 'see if we needed anything.' So we looked at that, and then as we were leaving Grandma came out with a box of stuff that I think was going to be a shower gift or something, there were a bunch of new dish towels and an old table cloth in it. The tablecloth was hand stitched by one of her aunts for a wedding gift, and so uncle Dave was trying to write the whole story that went along with it down for us... it took about 10 minutes and everybody was trying to explain... when I got home I found a note in the box with everything all written out already. At least if I lose one note, we'll still have the other and we won't forget where the tablecloth came from!
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment