Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas

And I'm making stuffed mushrooms. Hooray! Have I mentioned that I love Christmas?

My mom hosted the Schlipf Christmas on Tuesday... all 12 of us. :) My uncle from California and his family don't come so it's pretty small. But we have good food- potato soup and chili and all sorts of relishes. And many different ice cream flavors (in honor of Grandma) and cookies. So good. We read the Christmas story and opened presents and Christina sang a song for us. She said we needed to clap, and then she'd come around and shake our hands. Funny girl. Jakey got a quartet book... and Renee wanted to hear some quartet music... we all tried... Shelly and I have issues with sight reading quartet music... it was quite interesting. After Steve's went home mom played the piano and we crashed through the hallelujah chorus. Good times.

Speaking of the hallelujah chorus, I maybe have committed musical sacrilege... I got a copy cheap on amazon and ripped it up to make this... I really like it...
I did this to "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." Bob thought I'd gone crazy... ripping up a book... hehe. I think they're cute. :)
So I told Bob that when 1000 people downloaded his mod I'd bake him a cake. Um... yeah, it's December and we've got cookies and candy and no time for baking cakes. But... I did have one layer of a chocolate cake in the freezer (I don't have any idea why) that I frosted with real butter cream for him. It says '1123!' because that's how many downloads he had. *grin* And those are my beautiful birthday flowers in the background.
The wise men are coming.
And the presents are wrapped and under the tree!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Only you...only you would put your Wise Men far away from the rest of the manager scene and slowly bring them closer. :) It made me smile!

Anonymous said...

I have missed reading this past month it seems. I enjoyed them all tonight (this am:) and I should be getting ready for bed so we can come to Il and see you soon.
LOve, K.