I love birthdays... it's probably mostly just a reaction to the fact that my birthday is a week before Christmas and tends to be just one more thing that happens in December... but I still like my birthday. It's also pretty great to get a break from the cookies and eat cake! Too much cake and butter cream icing. Bliss.
Bob brought me flowers Thursday night (so I could enjoy them when I woke up on my birthday- aawwww), they're really pretty and wintry. Grandpa and Grandma Koch asked us to come help them clean their basement and get it decorated for Christmas... I frosted cupcakes for work and was up waaay too late. Did I mention I woke up with a sore throat... ugh, I did this last year too, pushing myself to the very edge of health. hooray for tylenol.
So Friday we had cupcakes in the morning at work, and then my coworkers took me to One World for lunch... and then there was Chocolate Candy Cane cake in the afternoon. :D I like my job and my coworkers. Bob and I went to Sol Azteca for supper and then stopped by the farm for a little bit- and to open presents! yay! I got sharp things from my parents. Haha... pinking shears, paring knives, and a book. Bob gave me some cool books too that I can't wait to read. It was a good day.
Saturday I had a fever.... a low one... woot... so I didn't do much. Which is good because I felt much better Sunday. After church I made rosemary rolls for the Beutel Christmas. They're so amazing and buttery... Bob doesn't like the rosemary leaves because they're 'sharp'... haha. We were there for supper and the evening. I finally got to deliver some not burned springerli to Grandpa. *grin* One down, four to go. woot.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment