Wednesday, July 06, 2011

At least a mile long

My to-do list, that is. woot. Any tips for moving in an organized and efficient manner?

We kept pretty busy this weekend. Our house gets so dirty in a week... and there are only two of us... and we're not messy people... I don't understand how it happens... Although, yesterday everything I touched ended up all over the counter or floor. *grin*

Rustin and Sharon and Grace and Eden came for supper Sunday night. It was fun... but I felt bad for the little girls. We have no toys and our house is full of mouse traps, sewing pins, splinters... yeah... not kid friendly at all.

I was going to try and avoid being all materialistic and crazy and not spend ridiculous amounts of money on baby furniture and 'nursery' decor... so I found a cheap crib on craigslist. In Pekin. Should have been my first clue. I figured it couldn't be that bad, nothing that a little bit of scrubbing and paint couldn't fix. Um... yeah... it was dirtier than it looked and still smelled funny after scrubbing with bleach... I was getting more and more grossed out, and when I attempted to set it up the metal pieces that held it together bent. And it was missing a few connectors. At which point I decided that no child of mine would be sleeping in it and it was probably too far gone to even donate. Closest I've been to tears in a long time... poor Bob. He puts up with a lot. Anyway, it met its end on the farm with an axe and flames. It did get one parting shot at me; while the boys were chopping a piece flew up and hit my shoulder and bruised it.

After that lovely experience I've swung the other way and want new... maybe. :) The drop sided thing doesn't bother me... 32 deaths in 10 years, approximately 40 million babies born in that time- um... statistically insignificant! (Doesn't congress have better things to do with their time??) So I think used would still be ok, but we do want it to last through more than one kid. We'll see. I think maybe I should forget about it until after we move...

The rest of the fourth was fun- we went to Ron and Kary's in Eureka to watch fireworks and play volleyball and eat homemade ice cream and cake.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

yeah, I'd go with a new crib, or at least one you can see put together. And we now have 2 drop side cribs. And Bridget has survived thus far. I got our 2nd crib at a garage sale, but it was all put together, so I knew it had all the parts.

Jenny said...

If I would have been thinking... *sigh* Oh well, caveat emptor, right? :)