Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Happenings

Life is crazy. :)

We have 16 boxes of books waiting to be moved... maybe 1 or 2 more, depending if you count cookbooks as "books." (I remember there being some disagreement when we tried to take inventory at the farm...) And a living room full of empty boxes that we got from a friend of one of my coworkers who just moved to T-town.

I went and looked at carpet and vinyl last weekend. There's a rather overwhelming selection. Plus, I have no idea what I'm doing. Any suggestions for carpet color that would go with this couch? And that wouldn't look out of style in 5-10 yrs? I don't use those reddish pillows...

We're replacing some lovely bright avacado green carpet and interesting vinyl in the bathrooms... and I don't want to hear about the green carpet- I had green shag carpet in my bedroom for years and that was more than enough for one lifetime.

I bought a bunch of paint too, and I was good and got the No VOC deodorizing kind. *eyeroll* Because, you know, I've been working with concentrated organic solvents for four years now and never had traces show up in my bloodwork... and a few afternoons of paint fumes is nowhere near my regular exposure level...

Bob got to help direct traffic at the Threshing day, and then we went to potluck on Saturday night. And last night we ate at Olive Garden with Dang and his family and some of his friends for his birthday. It was an interesting and fun evening.


We were supposed to do our final walk through of the house last night as well, I even brought my camera to take pictures, and then the lock box was missing and it was too late in the evening to get keys from the seller or realtor. Sooo... hopefully we'll still be closing this afternoon.


Anyways... blessings.

4 comments:

Katie LeAnne said...

Good luck with the flooring! That's one of my least favorite things to do! I still have to pick out tile for our house and I've been putting if off for a long time! Get a carpet that is going to wear well. The carpet we got in our bedrooms is only a year old and it already is showing wear and there are only two of us!

Jenny said...

O man, how do you know if it will wear well? I just went to Vonderheid Flooring to get samples and it was so overwhelming!

Old Farmer said...

I like green carpeting!

Jenny said...

Yes, I am aware of your love of green carpet...