Monday, July 11, 2011

Have you ever been down to Lyon County?

Well, (it's a deep subject) I haven't seen any more evidence of mice, my brakes are fixed, Thursday was a calm night, and the house passed inspection. Woot woot and a sigh of relief. *grin*

Friday night Bob went to Father-son night and left me home all by my lonesome *sniff*.... ok, not really. I was blessed to be invited to spend the evening with some ladies, their girls, and five adorable black puppies. They were hard to resist. If I didn't feel bad for dogs that are stuck in pens and don't have kids to play with.... hehe. I enjoyed it very much, and very much appreciated their wisdom. It's a scary thing to be facing motherhood... and advice that people give can be so subjective... it's so much better to be pointed to Christ. It was good for my soul.

Metzgerfest was Saturday. Yes, it was as exciting as it sounds. I mean, they even rented a bounce house. Hehe. We put in our appearance for lunch and said hi to the people that I recognise and went home again.... not so much a reunion fan. Jakey and Clayton came over to hang out in the evening. Good times.

I realize that I have a strange sense of humor... but is asking somebody if they swallowed a watermelon ever funny? Why is it suddenly ok to say things to me that would be extremely impolite, if not just plain rude and inappropriate, said to any other woman? (Or a man, I can't say that I've ever went up to somebody and asked if they swallowed a spare tire! I mean, come on!) Does 'If you can't say something nice...' not apply anymore? *sigh* I am beginning to think that men should just not talk to pregnant women. Thankfully, the asinine comments I've gotten have taken me so off guard that I haven't lost control of my tongue... yet anyway.... *grin*

It's hot. I don't think the chillers are keeping up here at work because I'm actually comfortable for a change and I'm not wishing for a sweater... Pretty sure the humidity is sapping all of my strength and mental capacity. I maybe walked out the door this morning and pulled it shut (locked) behind me. And my car keys were still inside, hanging on the hook. Ooops. Poor Bob had to come down and let me back in... he puts up with a lot.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Asking if you've swallowed a watermelon is about as polite as asking how much longer you have left, because you look about ready to pop.

And trust me, you'll get that comment later on. :) While it'd be really fun to pretend to burst into tears, I haven't been able to do it yet.

Jenny said...

omygoodness, if somebody says that I think I will slap them. Not only rude, it's also extremely crude...

or maybe I should work on crying on command. :)

Anonymous said...

You could say that you did swallow a watermelon and luckily it was seedless. That should put them in their place!