She was a little fussy in Nashville while I was in the front seat. I'm so glad we brought along a portable DVD player and some Disney sing alongs... saved us from a screaming child in the back seat of a very small two door civic with no way to get back to her...
After we got through Nashville we stopped to eat and I decided to sit in the back with her the rest of the trip. It was a good decision, because then we sat waiting for hours for the accident to be cleared up. Poor girl. I let her out of her seat while we were creeping along, but there wasn't really any place for her to go... and then we got to try and find the cabin on windy mountain roads in the dark. Huzzah. It's great fun to try and entertain a baby, while reading confusing directions and watch for road signs in the dark.
Friday morning we went to a park in Chattanooga to meet a photographer... and the Delta Queen was there! It's been a long time, she used to be sooo much bigger. Hehe.
This picture makes me laugh- nobody in it is looking at the photographer...
After pictures, Little miss got her very first Carosel ride with Daddy.
We visited the Tennessee aquarium. When Cecily noticed the fish, she got all excited. Otherwise, she just sat in her stroller... seriously, she was so good all week.
Daddy thought she needed a stuffed sea turtle to take home.
The place we stayed was called Rock Creek Cabin- there was an icy mountain stream behind it. It felt really good in the heat!
Little miss liked the whirlpool tub in the cabin almost as well... hehe.
We visited Rock City on Saturday. It was actually kind of cool! I liked the rocks and gardens and nature part of it, not so much the gnomes and blacklights part, but hey it was built in the 30's.
Bob, Cecily, Sharon, and I drove over to Chickamauga Park Saturday afternoon. My great grandpa Wyss spent WWI here. It's a civil war battlefield right next to a fort; they housed overflow soldiers in the park. Cecily's very first cannon picture:
Aunt Susan is so mean... she won't unwrap my nutty bar for me!
Sunday we streamed Leo's morning service and then went to the Chattanooga market in the afternoon. It was a really big farmer's market, plus some art and craft booths. Oh, and live music. We got some fresh veggies for supper and some fresh blackberries.
Monday Bob and I slept in and then met up with the rest of the family for lunch and the Discovery Museum. Cecily being a little bee in the honeycomb:
On the way back to the cabin I convinced Bob to try and find Craven's house... it was kind of on our way home... anyway, after a few wrong turns and winding to the top of Lookout Mountain, we found it. Basically it was a house from the civil war that was used as army headquarters (and got destroyed when it got captured so the poor owner had to rebuild). It was also the best view of Chattanooga:
Bob and little miss next to the monument for an Illinois regiment.
Ooo... and then I found a post office and made Bob stop! He's such a good husband. *grin*
Rock Creek Cabin.
The pretty creek.
Blessings.
2 comments:
I love how you can see Bob taking the post office picture of you, lol!
I know! I'm not sure he wanted to be in the picture... haha, he thinks it's bad enough that he has to take them!
Post a Comment