Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Timber!

Carli and company came over Monday afternoon so she could finish her skirt.  Kacie's in town and she came to see little miss.  She fell asleep instead.  hehe.  Typical.


The finished product- don't worry, she won't be wearing the skirt and shirt together. Neon yellow kind of clashes with vintagey yellow polka dots.  *grin*


Then after supper mom and dad and Jakey came over to help take the rest of the tree down.  We decided that there was too much tree left above the split for it to be safe in another strong wind... and it was leaning towards the cemetery slightly... sad day. 

Dad notching the tree while Jakey and Bob man the rope and Mom and Cecily watch... 



Aaand Dad's cutting and the boys are pulling with all their might so it doesn't fall into the cemetery or towards the house or the garden...  it fell pretty much right where they wanted it to go.  Smushed my garden fence, but didn't hurt any plants.  


Then they loaded it all up and took it away.  It took a few trips, and it was a "small" tree.  yikes.  So glad it wasn't one of the big ones! 


Grandpa made little miss a stump chair.


I think she likes it.  She was very interested in the white stuff by her feet... hehe. 


I do miss the shade already!  Now we have nice warm sun streaming in the windows heating up the house...  *sigh*

But it's an ill wind that blows no good... my garden is now in full sun all day. And the flower bed on that side of the house is now sun-to-part-shade instead of "full-shade-except-for-between-noon-and-3-when-it-gets-blazing-afternoon-sun."  Ooooo, AND this fall I can plant a sycamore!  Unless I change my mind.  But it will not be a silver maple, I have a growing dislike of silver maples.

Blessings.

No comments: