We walked to the park Saturday afternoon and watched one bed race.
And then we went to see the animals at the petting zoo. She was very excited to see the rabbits and the chicks and the baby kangaroo- so random.
Bob took Cecily home while I worked in the food tent for the first time. It was kind of fun, I got to piece and scrap turkey with some cool ladies. It's a pretty impressive operation and a massive amount of turkey. We got sandwiches and short cakes at the turkey express for supper, and then Jakey and young Matt showed up at our house and little miss and I went back to wander around the park.
I let her get a flower painted on her hand... she wanted it on her cheek, but she kept trying to look at the girl and grab the paintbrush... hehe. (Bob said, "you did what?!" Don't worry, we washed it off before church.) You can sorta see it here:
Then we got a lemonade shake up and walked home through the carnival. I think she got most excited walking through all the people with the lights and the music... o dear... sorry little miss, your mother doesn't believe in spending crazy amounts of money at carnivals..... or any, for that matter.
Today we went to the parade. She did not like the firetrucks. Or the motorcycles. Otherwise, she had lots of fun watching the kids picking up candy and the people walking past. We didn't get any candy, *sigh*. All we came home with is a little frisbee and an Aaron Schock balloon.
Blessings.
1 comment:
haha...I can just imagine Bob's reaction! :) Luke would have just rolled his eyes.
Does Cecily always look surprised in pictures? :) she looks so grown up! Esp with that flower on her hand.
Post a Comment