Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Midweek randomness

There was a funeral next door with full military honors... I maybe opened the windows so I could hear the bugler play taps.  So.  Fantastic.  I've never heard taps played so well in my life; pretty sure I never sounded that good on my trumpet.  "Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me!"  It makes me think of that.

Little miss and I spent an afternoon at Lori's because I'm "teaching" Carli to sew.  Yeah.  Or something.  We're making a simple skirt for her 4-H project.  I'm afraid I'm not going to be picky enough and she'll get a bad rating.

I need a double boiler.  Floating a pyrex bowl in a sauce pan just doesn't cut it. 

Aunty Shelly came over and watched little miss for me while I went to the garden walk.  It was great fun! All of the gardens were gorgeous and the weather was glorious... instead of coming home and working in mine, I fell asleep.  Too much warm summer sun I guess.

I planted a holly bush.  Bob asked if I'm going to deck the halls this winter... um... of course!  As long as it survives until winter... hehe.

Blessings. 

No comments: