Friday, January 26, 2007

A good day

Yesterday was fantabulous. I woke up on time and didn't hit the snooze. (amazingly enough) My first class of the day was floral design and I made two corsages that don't look too bad! :D Then I went and signed up to take piano for two credits... it should be fun, but I'm really really bad so I do feel sorry for whoever has to teach me.

We did our first experiment in Inorganic lab. I don't have to wear goggles and I get my very own hood! The experiment actually worked and the mixture turned all sorts of pretty colors: blue and purple and finally red. The only bad part was that my TA, who reminds me very much of BDY, dropped my sample in the rotovap. He saved most of it so it's all good. :) I was so excited to be in a real lab again I didn't even mind... I think it was the fastest four hours ever.

After supper I went to a singing at Saltshaker. It was Rogan's birthday so Meg baked him a cake and I donated one of my corsages to the cause (Since I have no reason to wear them and they will probably just get moldy in the refrigerator). Blake whipped up some really good taffy and we pulled it. Mike and I had a lot of trouble figuring it out so Gab had to rescue us. :) It turned out pretty good considering. Us girls reclaimed three of our pans that they were hoarding. I finally figured out the chemistry problem they had on their white board this morning... it was really bugging me. :)

My Friday lab doesn't start until next week so I got to sleep in this morning. When I finally woke up Gab made me come to the gym with her. I was not very awake and I didn't notice that I grabbed the 20lbs ball for our ab workout.... yeah.... I'm going to hurt a lot tomorrow. And I just finished cleaning so that's a workout in and of itself.

I'm going to St. Louis tomorrow for Matthew Schrenk's testimony and baptism.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Did you have to start working out once you moved off the farm? ;)

Jenny said...

um... yeah.... all those hay bales I lifted. *grin*

Mike said...

Our taffy was THE BEST!!!!