So this weekend I was planning on going up to Elgin for Natalie's baptism. But then that crazy storm came through. Our road was like glass... and it was worse up north, so I decided not to go on Saturday night. Probably a good thing, but really disappointing. So instead, I sewed a skirt that Matt thinks is ugly.
It warmed up over night and everything melted- which is crazy, I thought it got colder at night. Matt and I and Kevin K. decided to go this morning. We left really really early; ok, maybe it was only 7am, but still! The roads were all clear and dry and except for some overturned vehicles and downed power lines and branches you wouldn't know there had been an ice storm. We passed a bunch of utility trucks heading north-somebody didn't have power.
It was good to be there. It's been a while and its always a fun place. Nat was pretty disappointed that people couldn't make it because of the weather... so I'm really glad we went.
Both my passengers were out for most of the way home... I think it must be me. Am I really that boring? O well. I got to listen to my choice of music. :)
15 more days til my birthday, 23 days til Christmas, and 29 days til I'm off court supervision!!! Woot.
4 comments:
Sarah and I were going to go Christmas shopping Sat morning. We got in my car and headed for the mall, but we weren't three stoplights down the road and my car had utilized "traction control" 3 times...so we decided to turn around and go home...so much for giving people presents! ;)
That drastic weather change from Sat to Sun was crazy! More what I'd expect in KS, not so much in IL. But hey, I'll take 50's whenever...
Oh! And happy birthday 14 days early.
So, do you feel you have been supervised by the court?
Your birthday is Dec 17, and you know how I always love to sing "Happy Birthday" to you and get everyone else to do it too. Hmm....maybe I'll have it announced from the pulpit the Sunday before. :D
thanks Dona!
do I feel supervised, um... not really- thankfully! :)
you better not Heidi, I would die and you know it. although Shelly would probably be more red than me. :)
Post a Comment