Tonight I made Springerle. They smell soooo good... it's too bad that they end up as "flavored styrofoam" (according to my brothers). O well, I like them. :D And they are fun to make! I have some pretty sweet molds- one from my Grandma, and a bunch were Christmas/birthday gifts. My favorite is my limited edition Lord of the Rings mold. It has two little hobbits gazing into Mordor at the Eye and Mt. Doom. Jakey made it for me a few years ago... I'm still waiting for more molds in the series...
Shelly is doing a movie about WWII for school, so we turned the basement into a circa 1940's kitchen. Last weekend it was an army hospital. It looks cool- we have my grandma's old stove (c. 1950), a whole set of enamel cookware in red and a set in black, a cute floral print apron, and some really fun cherry red no-sew curtains. :D
I really want to go see the nutcracker... but it's too late for this year... and so I think I'm going shopping with Clayton instead. woot.
1 comment:
ooooh! I like no-sew curtains. When I decide to put curtains in our house, I'll make sure they're our special no-sew ones!
Post a Comment