Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snow and Mud

This has been an excellent week. I went skiing and mudding and my old roomie Meg announced her engagement to Dale!!!! Two total allstars! I'm super excited for them!

Kaleigh and Kendra B and I got up really, really early yesterday and drove to Chestnut Mt. to go skiing. I had such a good time with those girls. They're lots and lots of fun! It was Kendra's first time skiing, always kind of nerve wracking because I would have felt awful if she didn't have a good day. But she did really great! The weather was pretty much perfect and they got snow the day before... so I got to ski on the most powder/real snow that I've ever been on. I was really glad for Curves... because I felt halfway in shape/in control of my skis... which I love. And I even went down a few more slopes than normal. I'm not usually very adventurous.
It was really great. We had good times in the car, we never did see a post office, although they made me take a picture next to a deserted "Tradin Post." Haha. Kendra and I were a little bit late to testimonies... but you'll have that. I'm not even very sore today! Pretty much an amazing day.


There were four baptisms today, so church was very full. Abby came over after and we went for a pretty long walk. It was so nice outside! We were going to go look at my plants in the shed and the barnyard is a soupy mess since everything melted. So... we decided to drive my car rather than get all muddy. Um... my car is heavier than it looks because we definitely got stuck in front of the shed. And dug some really deep ruts trying to get it out. Ab and I had to give up and get Dad and Shelly to get it out. The one good thing was that I ended up in my bare feet stomping through mud puddles and almost falling face first in the mud. :D The ground is a lot colder than the air.... but once your feet go numb the gravel doesn't hurt as much. It was quite the experience...

Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

almost falling in the mud bring back any memories of actually falling in the mud?

megs said...

ooo the mud looks like LOTS of fun!! my puppy likes to wrestle in the mud... she usually wins. she weighs 100 punds.... :)

Jenny said...

um... kind of... not really. this was Illinois mud- not that sandy "mud" they have in mexico. :)

it was lots of fun... there's nothing like the feeling of mud squishing between your toes.... but I don't think I would like to wrestle in it. :)