Tuesday, October 07, 2008

adrenaline rush

Days like today make me wonder why an easily-freaked-out, timid, cautious girl like me ever wound up in such a dangerous field. Not that it's unsafe... just a lot of things that can go wrong and a lot of unknowns. Like today when my reaction was overheating- it was supposed to be at 40 deg C and it was at 100 and climbing... um... um... Dr. K.... what do I do?? We got it cooled down and it doesn't even look like the reaction was ruined. But yeah, my heart was pounding...

Only one more crazy busy weekend to go... woot woot. Last weekend was a lot of fun. The Brothers Appreciation went well- I think they liked the outdoor theme. But then, who doesn't like skeet shooting, hatchet throwing, all the apple pie you can eat, and extremely cheesy songs to the tune of Home on the Range? (O, Washington brothers.... we really appreciate you.... haha I'll stop now, it just gets worse.) The attire was pretty great too. It was very hard to pick best dressed outdoorsman. :)

We had a lot of pie left over. Which I love. Last night our well driller was out to fix our well again so hopefully we won't have as much sand in the water now. They were out there really late so Mom and I took them some pie and ice cream. (go us for being all hospitable *grin*)

I'm starting to freak out about the invite... what if we don't have enough food? or places for people to stay? (which actually might be a problem for guys- yikes) I just keep telling myself that it'll be ok. aaaahhhh. Anyway.

Blessings.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

The invite is this weekend, right? We would be happy to keep people Sat night if you need us to. Guys or girls...doesn't matter.

Your story made me laugh. I can just picture you. "um...um"

:)

Luke said...

I just clicked on "comment" to say we would keep people too! Only my lovely wife beat me to it.

We must have been made for each other. *grin*

Jenny said...

I love you guys. :D

Heidi said...

As thanks to you for letting us keep guests, I tagged you. :)