This is my amaryllis bulb that finally decided to bloom... I got it before Christmas. I like it, but it clashes with the A & W sign...

So I talked to 3 banks and my mutual fund company this week... and got very frustrated and confused and close to tears. I now officially hate finance and all things that have to do with money and investing. O wait, this is not a new sentiment. :) At this point I think I'm back to square one. They still haven't even changed my name and address on the account, and Dad and I have been corresponding with them since last September. Sooooo.... I wrote another letter of instruction... woot woot, I'm getting so good at them... and they're getting copies of pretty much all of my identifying documents in the mail. I guess it's good some random person couldn't get in and mess with my account... but then, you never know, it might be easier for somebody to steal the vast amounts I've got invested (HA! Seriously, it's not like I've got a massive account or anything, it shouldn't be this hard to just change my name!) than it is for me to change my personal info.
We had a student researcher day at the lab this week... I'm the "material girl." Yes, the pop culture reference is intended... My coworkers think it's funny; I'm not sure how I feel about that. Definitely a study in contrasts.... :D Basically I just make sure there are enough lab coats, gloves, safety glasses, and put together their lab notebooks. I wish they would have done SR days when I was in High School; they're lots of fun. There were two AC kids this time, which I loved. And one of the researchers that was presenting started telling stories about his grad days, back when you could still dump solvents down sink drains and smoke in the lab, and what happens when you try to put out your cigarette in a sink full of solvent. Hilarious. They were wide eyed.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment