Monday, February 01, 2010

potluck

I survived. Bob survived me being nervous. And I think people had at least on ok time. :) Thankfully, I didn't burn anything (although my broiler was setting off the smoke detector- but that's to be expected), and everybody else brought wonderful food. We don't really have a lot of room around our table when it has all the leaves in it, but it worked. I used my china... and left the goblets at the back of the closet because I didn't feel like getting them out...

Yay for fresh flowers, spider mums and daisies.


And then on Sunday we went low key and spent some time playing games with Caleb and Bethany and little Alea. We went to Cracker Barrel for supper and did not eat off china. :) It was a good time.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so impressed that you pulled out your china for potluck. What lucky guests!

I'm so glad to know that other people's smoke detectors go off for no reason. Sometime mine just goes off randomly.

Jenny said...

*grin* well, if I have it, I'm going to use it! I hear way too many people who say they're not getting it/ wish they wouldn't have registered for it because they don't use it... um... easy cure for that. :)

... and sometimes your smoke detectors go off because we started a fire in your oven...