Sunday, February 07, 2010

various and sundry

This week was experiment with ground beef week.... I attempted meatloaf for the first time in, oh, 2.5 years. The last time I made it was with Shelly while grandma was in the hospital and we wanted comfort food... total flop. And I tried a skillet meat ball recipe, it was good but next time I'm going to just bake the meat balls. I'm not overly fond of ground beef; next week there is none on the menu. :)

Wednesday night some w-ton girls came to visit us. It was great fun, and I hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive me for dragging them up to the front and then having to sit through a member meeting. They came over after church- good times.


I planted four flats of flower seeds yesterday. Our porch is just a little too cold for them right now so they're on the floor in the kitchen. Someday, when we're rich and famous, I'm going to have a green house attached to our palatial mansion.

So this is a great Rudyard Kipling quote from "Just So Stories":

Of course, the Man was wild too. He was dreadfully wild. He didn't even begin to be tame until he met the Woman, and she told him she did not like living in his wild ways. She picked out a nice dry Cave, instead of a heap of wet leaves, to lie down in; and she strewed clean sand on the floor; and she lit a nice fire of wood at the back of the Cave; and she hung a dried wild horse skin, tail down, across the opening of the Cave; and she said, 'Wipe you feet, dear, when you come in, and now we'll keep house.'

Blessings.

No comments: