The lab got a big grant to renovate the center wing.... which means that everyone who works there has to move to one of the other wings. So, lots of groups are going to be doubling up on lab space while it's under construction. No one is moving into my lab, but some of our other lab space is going to be shared in a few weeks, and we've been cleaning out like mad this week. Which is good. Scientists are pack rats. I've been dumping old samples by the gallons; some of the stuff has labels with handwriting that no one recognizes because it's so old.
It's a great chance for me to clean... haha.... scientists are also not real concerned with dirt and dust and grime. Or at least the "boys" in our group aren't. Seriously, I've been wiping out drawers and cupboards and cleaning sinks that they would have just been filled up again without a thought. Ick. 409 industrial degreaser has become my best friend...
My siblings came over for some real food last night... I made lasagna. It was yummy. I love Italian. :) And we had Frieda-buns, which are amazing and I need to have her over to teach me how to make them.
I finished my second 'third-saturday' quilt block. Woot. And I've been working on one I started a few years ago... the pattern was/is too hard for me and so it isn't going to turn out that great, but I guess I'd rather have it all put together and not be perfect than have a bunch of cut fabric laying around. :)
Otherwise, nothing new. I'm excited for the weekend! It's going to be a busy one...
Blessings.
2 comments:
not all of your siblings were invited for supper. i see how it is. and frieda buns? i was making those when you were in a highchair.
psshh... you don't live very close and I'm sure you've been eating 3 square meals the last week and they haven't been. :P
i'd like to see you make frieda buns!
Post a Comment