I can't quite fathom that it's been a year already...
Bob's Grandpa asked me if I'd marry him again... totally, but I'm not sure I'd want to do all of last year over again. :P Change is stressful for me. I'd be up for hitting the highlights though! Haha. Anyway...
Friday we went to Greg and Mary's for potluck/going away party for Brett and Laura. It was a good time. They had some KC trivia for us and had us taste BBQ sauces and decide what flavor they were (I didn't do so well).
Kristin's personal shower was Saturday morning, so I got up early and drove to Forrest... woot. It was farmer themed so I wore my only slightly flannel looking shirt. I don't own any seed corn caps, shocking, I know, so that was the extent of my dressing up. It was good to see the Champaign girls and some of the Fairbury girls that I don't see anymore. Rhonda's house is really cute, and they had all kinds of great decorations for the shower. Fun times. I maybe stopped at DQ on my way home for a blizzard; it was necessary. :)
We went grill shopping the middle of the thunderstorm Saturday. Hooray for getting all wet. We found one that I like and it's supposed to be ready to pick up today. I'm excited.
Sunday after church we went with some couples to sing for a sister who isn't doing very well. Always a little bit sobering... and a blessing. And then we went to The Fish House for supper. Such good food. We ordered fried alligator as an appetizer; it has an interesting flavor and texture... I was excited that they had lobster bisque. :) They also have lava cake. We split one with ice cream and raspberries. :D Heaven.
Yesterday we both worked. woot. And didn't really do anything special. We did eat what was left of our wedding cake... with the frosting scraped off and smothered in strawberry sauce... hooray for pointless traditions!
I'm just glad he's put up with me this long...
Blessings.
1 comment:
oooh...I've been wanting to try the Fish House. I'm not so sure about the alligator though.
Post a Comment