I have a confession to make. I don't really like mums. *gasp* I know. I like chrysanthemums of all kinds but "fall mums" just don't do much for me. To orangey and yellowy and well, too Fall. But I bought one anyway because my geranium looked too summery. I don't really like geraniums either, but they're kind of quintessentially summer and they're easy to keep alive so... yeah.
Anyway.
We had another pretty busy weekend. Rustin and Sharon and Grace and Eden were here for the Pork chop fry so we spent Friday evening with them. Saturday I went to quilt club and made jello for the pork chop fry. Bob went to the Pumpkin chucking thing with Rustin and his Dad... I wasn't too sad to miss it to do other things. :) And then we went to the famous Koch pork chop fry in the evening. woot woot. The weather was great and the food was good. And it wasn't very windy so we didn't come home smelling like smoke! hooray! Bob was still really stuffed up from being outside all day. Oh, and we got to bring home a pumpkin! The winner already had pumpkins at home and we were sitting by them. Score. I'm excited.
My cousin Clayton spent the night with us Saturday night. I don't get to see much of him anymore... he came to church with us and then we had to rush to get him back to work on time. It was good to have him here and get caught up... he's um, not exactly putting first things first right now, say a prayer if you think of it.
And then we relaxed and enjoyed the sabbath...
Blessings.
1 comment:
I must agree that I'm not a fan of geranium's either, but the ones I planted 3 years are still going strong, and I've never touched them. They are a wonderful flower for people like me. :)
Post a Comment