I slept till I woke up on Saturday, which was amazing and I felt ten times better. We went and dropped part of Bob's new computer (it came broken) at the UPS store and did some other stuff and ate breakfast for lunch at Bob Evan's... I think we were the youngest people in there... fun times. :)
When we got home I cleaned and stuff.... woot... and then since I missed going to Apple River and stopping at Tanners for Apple Cider Donuts, I made some. I found a pretty easy recipe here. I had some problems flipping them in the oil so I ended up with a lot of pieces of donuts and a few whole donuts. And donut holes! They tasted really good. Of course, what doesn't taste good dredged in sugar and cinnamon?

Merrily frying away...

They were sooooo good warm. *sigh* I think I'm going to need to get more exercise....

So then Sunday we went to Champaign for Alan and Natalie's wedding. It was such a great day. Good to see people, and be in Champaign again, and the wedding was very sweet. I'm just so excited for her! And she looked adorable, and the reception was really cute, and they served IBC Root Beer (which we love). *grin*
Dave and June had a family wiener roast that night. The weather was beautiful. We didn't stay very late because Bob had to get up super early (4:30ish) for work. And I had to get up super early (8ish) to go shopping. It's a rough life, I know.
Mom and Shelly and I drove up to Woodfield Mall for the day... well, I drove, it's generally less stressful for all of us that way. :) We took their new pretty blue van, which was really fun to drive in city traffic. Anyway, it was lots of fun. They've got pretty much all of my favorite stores and then some. We were all practically drooling over the cool stuff at Anthropology. If anybody is wondering what I want for my birthday/Christmas... they have the coolest aprons ever. But then we had to come home... and we got stuck in construction traffic and Shelly had the hiccups.
There were roses waiting for me... for no particular reason. Bob's pretty much the best. He's even letting me help him build his new computer. I got to install the CPU last night. I feel very nerdy. :D
Blessings.
7 comments:
I absolutely love Anthropology's stuff too.
Too bad their so expensive...
whoops. I mean they're. :)
(hey, I just gave you 2 comments. :)
Oh man. Not the hickups. Surely she didnt start laughing as well?
I know Wendi... *sigh*, why can't I be rich and famous? hehe.
No, no laughing. :) traffic jams aren't exactly hilarious.
Donuts, a day shopping with sis and mom, and roses . . . what more could one want:) Enjoy!
K.
How do you make your donuts? They look amazing!
I followed the recipe for apple cider donuts on smittenkitchen.com. They weren't as complicated as I thought they would be!
Post a Comment