I wished. :) Somehow this not very busy week got really busy, really fast.
We went to Dale and Meg's house for potluck on Monday night... except that none of the other couples could make it, so it was us and Kevin and Tim. Which was a pretty good alternative. :) I enjoyed it. And Meg made some yummy soup and bread pudding for dessert. So good.
Tuesday felt like a crazy day. Somehow we ended up with two copies of the latest RJ book so I returned one after work, and then dropped off all of our Christmas Shoe Boxes. Then, since there's a Kroger right next to Berean I got groceries there. I didn't know where anything was though, so it almost would have been faster just to go back to Morton... o well. It gets dark soooo early and I don't like it! It felt so late when I finally got home. We ate supper really fast and then went to Bob's double great- aunt Nancy's visitation. There was a long line and I am not a fan of visitations and funerals.... long day.
I got up and made a cake for a coworker this morning; then we went to the funeral, which was a blessing, and went straight home after the service. I made it to work by noon so I only missed half the day. woot woot. After work I went to my parent's... in time to grab a sandwich and change to go with them to my great uncle John's visitation. He's the last of my grandpa's siblings... kind of weird that there's nobody left in that generation. He had been at the home with Alzheimer's for a few years... Shelly probably knew him better than all of us. It was good to see his kids (and grandkids) again in person instead of just their Christmas cards. Yeah... some of them even live in t-town and I never see them. :)
Tonight I feel pretty wiped out. I think I will sleep really well.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment