Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slime and the DMV

Haha, not necessarily together. :D

Monday night I went and talked at the 4-H club meeting... it was really fun, once it was over and I stopped being nervous. Seriously, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders are scary. And some of their parents were there. *grin* Poor Bob, he tried to calm me down... There were a few kids who were doing their demos, so I got to watch them and learned all about making pudgy pies, knitting, making a picture frame, and making cocoa mix. Then it was my turn. Yikes. I talked about the lab a little bit, and about single molecules and polymers and I'm pretty sure I kept talking faster and faster and faster. And then I put on my lab coat and goggles (completely unnecessary, but they make me look smart) and made slime for them. Which I think they liked, the boys kept calling it 'snot'. So lovely. I like playing with the leftovers.

My sort of not stoned drivers license picture is no more... I went to go get it renewed and not only did they make me take the test, they made me take a new picture. While I was there I saw all sorts of people, plus a little dog that was hanging out with the mother of a 16 year old while he took the car on the road test. Inside. um.. ok. And I didn't get lost, which is always a good thing.

So... while I was writing this we had to evacuate the building. woot woot. And spent an hour outside in the beautiful weather while they figured out why the alarm had gone off. And tomorrow is a federal holiday. I love my job.

Blessings.

No comments: