Monday, November 01, 2010

a series of unfortunate events...

Ok, so the weekend wasn't quite that dramatic. :) It felt like it a few times, though. Thursday evening, we had one couple call to cancel because of a funeral so I tried to call a few people who we don't know very well, or don't see very often, or who don't have kids that they would need to get a last minute babysitter for... yeah, they were all busy. Which is ok, we'll just have rotating potluck with 8 people... and I'll quick come up with a vegetable. (I was already making meat and rice.) And then one couple called to say they had sick kids so we were down to 7 people. Aahh. It ended up being a really fun evening so all was well.

Bob accused me of wanting to host so I have an excuse to buy flowers. He might be partly right. *grin* What can I say? Fall flowers just look so pretty! I did change the water... some of that fall color must be fake!



Saturday morning Bob got up early and went to help on a ACWR roofing project... and I slept... hehe. Actually, I got up before 8 (shocking, I know) and raked leaves. I filled the truck bed twice and there are still a bunch on the trees.

That afternoon I went and watched Derek and Leann's kids for a few hours. I was reminded why I never babysat... It was ok, we played play dough and played in the yard.

I got to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters Saturday night. The swat team told me to "drop the candy and nobody gets hurt." Other than a kid in a costume from Avatar, there weren't very many creative ones this year. And we were down to four pieces of candy so I turned off the light early. Maybe we shouldn't have opened them before Halloween.... hehe.

Grandpa and Grandma Beutel are letting me keep their beautiful geranium in our sun room until it dies... it looks so healthy next to my poor plants that I didn't bring in soon enough.


Sunday was pretty quiet... except Bob decided he was really hungry for Chinese for supper. I'm not overly fond of Chinese, but Oriental Palace in Pekin has Thai and Japanese food too. So we went there and got excellent service because we were the only customers in the whole place. Which is really kind of weird, but it was fun and the food was good (and fresh).

Blessings.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Fresh, tasty, HOMEMADE Chinese food? I think I know where you could get some of that...

amber

Anonymous said...

I love that place...we need to double date sometime without the kids and hit the bowling alley across the street...

Greg

Jenny said...

hehe, next time I come visit you, Amber, will Whitney cook for me?

You don't want to take your kids bowling again Greg? :)