Grace still likes to hug Bob and say, "my Bob." Funny girl.

Baby Eden... she was enjoying rolling around on the floor.
On Boxing day we went to Washington at noon because Brent and Beth and their girls were going to be there. And then we went to the farm for Christmas. My siblings are being corrupted... aaahhh. haha...

We had cornish hens and all manner of good things for supper... on Grandma's dishes... with sparkling cider. And then we finally let Shelly open her gifts. Everyone got sharp things for Christmas (I apparently got mine early for my birthday). And Dad got a holster for his PQA "euthanasia plan." Jakey got Shelly an umbrella... that is also a sword... "why bother with a can of mace if you've got 10 inches of cold steel?" haha. Bob and I and Matt got Jakey a KA BAR knife. It's rather scary looking. Matt got a fillet knife, and Bob got a pocket knife. So funny.
I came home with lots of great things, like an Anthropology apron, some books, new U of I tees (mine are starting to look like I've had them since college), CD's, and Thermarests. I love presents... *grin*Monday Bob wasn't feeling good, he had a fever most of the night, so I went to the Wyss Christmas by myself. *sigh* woe is me. We ate much good food. Much. Starting with breakfast casseroles in the morning, and gondolas in the afternoon and chicken crepes for supper with homemade ice cream and cookies.
It took the usual 4ish hours to open all the presents... I saw a lot of this... haha.
Bob and I got very boring presents... folding chairs and (more) hotdog sticks. woot. Since we can fit all the hotdogs we eat on one stick and now have 8.... Not the most exciting Christmas presents ever... ah well, it was still really fun! I've decided that next year we're in the drawing separately like everybody else, it's way to hard to come up with a gift that's for both of us.Grandpa and Grandma got a laptop.... Matt's setting it up for them so they'll soon have email and be able to read our blogs... o dear... I shall have to be careful what I say! haha.
I was supposed to be back to work on Tuesday... but.... I just really didn't feel like it so I didn't go. Instead I got lots of random things done and relaxed. It was nice. Anyway.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment