Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's cold, and it's getting colder...

The lab has been freezing this week. I almost need gloves to use my computer. Is it spring yet? Please? haha.

So.... the moment Bob has been waiting for and trying to talk me into for, oh, two years has finally arrived. We got a new laptop. My poor old lappy has just about had it. The hard drive is so full I can't download windows updates, it's rather prone to viruses, the screen flickers and would give me headaches, there's something wrong with where the power cord connects because it likes to switch back and forth between power sources, it was time to let it go.

Anyway, so we ordered one and it was supposed to come during the snowstorm. We *cough* Bob *cough* kept checking the tracking number online to see where it was... it was en route from Galesburg to Chicago... then it was back in Galesburg for a few days. It did finally show up on our doorstep (with two days worth of mail- apparently 'neither snow nor sleet' doesn't apply in T-town) last week. So I let it thaw out a bit and started it up and only half the screen lit up. The other half had a large black blob and flickery lines. It was very disappointing. And annoying because we had to package it up and send it back and wait rather impatiently for a replacement.

The new one works just fine so far and I like it a lot. In fact, I had shut it for the night and Bob wanted me to get back on and check something... and I was dragging my feet until I realized that, hey, it probably doesn't take 10 minutes to decide it wants to be on again. It took seconds. So amazing. :P I fell in love right then and there....

No comments: