Friday, February 04, 2011

Tired and Sore

Story of our lives today...

We spent most of yesterday helping Rustin and Sharon unload their trailers... I showed up a little bit late because I needed an oil change. I went to a Speedlube, which are super handy but oh, so annoying. I realize I probably look pretty clueless, but I could change my oil myself given the proper equipment. Granted, I'm afraid of those service ramp thingies, so we'd have to have a pit... but still... I do keep an eye on my tire pressure and gauges and fluid levels and they talk at me like I'm an idiot. *sigh* O well. It's fast.

My car doesn't do deep snow well. I got stuck in R & S's driveway. And then it got even more stuck when Dan tried to get it out for me. Thankfully, Uncle Dean came to the rescue with his truck and a chain. I'm so glad I've got a hitch on the back of my car. Snow like this makes me miss the Tauri, that thing is a tank.

So as soon as that drama was over, I helped carry boxes. And more boxes. And more boxes. It was cold. We didn't get much unpacked for them, but we at least got the kitchen clear of Dan's stuff so they can put their stuff away. It makes me not want to move ever. (Yes, Bob did sigh in relief, haha.)

Grandma Beutel made supper for us all and then we went back to Bob's parent's for a little bit.

How do I know Bob is tired? Well.... I couldn't find my keys this morning. They weren't on the hook, or my purse, or my coat pocket, or in Bob's pockets, or on the dresser. No where. Bob unlocked the door with them last night when we got home, sooooo.... guess where I found them. Still stuck in the keyhole, outside our house. I'm glad we live in a small town. I wonder what the paper lady thought. :D It made me laugh.

Blessings.

No comments: