Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

So after a lazy Saturday and spending Sunday evening with my family... back to work we went. Bob's training in the shop this week so he's getting up super early. I can't sleep through his alarm; therefore, I'm awake super early too. hooray.

I kind of forgot that it was Valentine's Day and wore black. haha... but... it did remind me of the time my roomies and I dressed in black and braved a massive snow storm to go to Olive Garden on V-day. Good times and many funny looks.

Bob didn't forget though, and he even remembered my rather broad and unsubtle hints a few weeks ago that I would love a big bunch of tulips. :D I'm so ready for spring. Anyway, these were waiting for me when I got home. So pretty. (Courtesy of Miss Fancy Plants, which I think is an awesome name for a flower shop.)


Neither of us had any desire to eat out with the entire world, so we stayed home. I made almond crusted halibut, and fun colorful spiral noodles, and green beans with extra butter. Butter always makes things seem more gourmet. Haha. I had big plans for making Valentine cookies, but as I said, I was super lazy on Saturday so they didn't happen. Thankfully, Sharon was on the ball and delivered some yummy pink cupcakes (sprinkles by Grace) so we even had a festive dessert. :)

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day. I love the tulips!