I love three day weekends. They're amazing. Except that today feels like Monday, and I'll be all confused the rest of the week.
Saturday I was fairly productive for a change... I got up fairly early and went to quilt club... I usually make it to the last session at about 9:30 and it's pretty obvious that I've just rolled out of bed. Everybody else is dressed nice and has their 'face' on... haha... o well. :) And then I came home and made food for the rest of the weekend and cleaned. We went to Bob's aunt and uncle's for the annual potato supper Saturday night. It was so good, and I love it when all I have to bring is sauteed mushrooms. Two ingredients, 15 minutes, no leftovers.
Dale and Meg invited some of their old college friends and roomies over on Sunday night for supper. They got a pretty good turnout and it was really fun to see people again. I took mini-apple pies (I thought it would be fitting) that I baked in my muffin pan. I think I might have to do that more often, we have a hard time eating a whole pie before it starts getting moldy but these are a lot more manageable. It was good to catch up... and randomly throw things when the conversation lagged... some things never change. Which I love. There were five little kids there, which was a little weird, but funny to watch.
On Monday poor Bob had to get up and go to work, and I got to sit at home and be lazy all day. Well, other than doing laundry. And I managed to beat chess against the computer. Twice! I was very excited... we won't mention that it's on the easiest level... and how many tries it took me. *grin* So anyway, back to real life this week.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment