Sunday, March 26, 2006

O Meatwagon....take me to Mexico

Wow. What a wonderful week! I am so glad I went. And I'm not ready for the real world to start tomorrow. :(
A few highlights:
  • The girls. Definitely in the minority, but we made up for it.
  • The 30 hour drive
  • Teaching Nic to crochet in the van.
  • Hiking up a mountain as it hailed. (what is it about me and storms??)
  • Getting called Wyss all week, for the first time since High School.
  • My hotel roommates, Kristen and Amber.
  • Discussing/arguing with Brent about whether it's biblical to carry a loaded concealed weapon.
  • Hearing people's testimonies.
  • Getting seven years bad luck- at least I can share it with Gab since we broke the mirror together.
  • "Driving" the CAT backhoe with little Gabriel.
  • The bamboo grove. Will that grow in Illinois?
  • The stars.
  • Seeing real, non-tourist Mexico.
  • The obstacle course.
  • Attempting to teach Manuel to crochet.
  • Watching Nic teach Bob to crochet.
  • Finally getting a mirror hung. :)
  • Joanna Kaeb.
  • Chris and his certain senorita.
  • Seeing Meg.
  • Bob clogging.
  • Hanging with my roomie.
  • Being sick for a day.
  • So, if Mike and Nic were married to the same person, who will have cuter kids?
  • "I used to think, Jenny, she looks all sweet and innocent, but get to know her, man...." Haha. Thanks Brent.
  • Seeing Carissa.
  • The Carissa Shirts. And the Joe Mamma shirts. And the Keep the Curt Shirt. Good stuff.
  • Laughing with Amber at the crazy Mariachi music the cleaning ladies were playing when we were sick.
  • The Talent show- The Shaker Brethren, the Meatwagon song, the Dragon Kick, wow, U of I has talent. ;)
  • Buying 7-up late at night in my whale pajamas for sick people and getting a pile of coins back every time. They just keep multiplying.
  • The crazy showers. Lots of pressure, no volume.
  • Getting scolded by a toothless little boy for being in the boy's bathroom. (I was hanging towel hooks.)
  • Are brass knuckles better than an unloaded gun?
  • So does it show lack of faith to bring buckets, sacks, and all manner of meds in the vans?
  • Trying to speak German to the kids....wait...
  • Learning spanish from Gabriel, car, horse, and moon. Adios Luna.
  • The ride home. I seriously think I could travel forever sometimes. Maybe with showers.
We were locked out when we got home, so we had to break in. It wasn't very hard which is extremely scary. But I'm not telling how.
You would think that after all that togetherness I would be tired of people, but I ate supper at 711 last night (mostly because I'm out of food) and rehashed the trip with Jer, Chris, and Brett. Everyone else headed home.
Church was good today, there were some Kansas people there.
I went out to eat with Ron and Pam and Heather and Mark. Beks and Sarah too.
So I'm really tired. And I miss my comfy bed.
Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're a punk. end of discussion.

scott said...

long live the meatwagon!!

i'll never tell anyone what was really in that drink on wednesday night if you don't.

Jenny said...

my lips are sealed... haha.

So I forgot about how I finally understand electricity thanks to Scott and Bob explaining it to me in the van. Much better teachers than Mellendorf. :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... Jenny Wyss. You were one of my favorite parts of Mexico too! = ) Great seeing you last night, today, and next weekend. Love ya! Joanna