Such a good weekend- the weather was amazing, the wedding was good, and I got to see all kinds of cool people, which I love.
Rustin and Sharon and Grace were in town for Mark's wedding so we got to spend Thursday and Friday with them. I don't think I've seen them since that Minneapolis trip a year or so ago when we all went to visit Meg. Good times.
Saturday Bob and I left early for Taylor because he had pictures... a little too early for me on a Saturday, but I lived. :) Gab and I met up during pictures and went to the mall, which was great. It was full of stock cars on display and the nascar families and good old boys that go along with that. Pretty amusing. We ate lunch at a fun restaurant in Quincy and then went to Hoerr's to hang out until pictures were over.
The rehearsal made me nervous. I'm maybe freaking out a little bit about walking down the aisle. It was bad enough at Heidi's wedding when no one really was looking at me. :)
The rehearsal dinner was good... got to sit by Neal and Kim, who I never get to see anymore... and then went to the singing... Afterwards some of us U of I people went back to the hotel, and went to Steak and Shake, and explored the exercise room, and hung out for a while. There were seven girls in our room- we had a bunk bed and a king bed. It was a little tight... but lots of fun.
I haven't been to Taylor for church in ages. It was a really good day. The wedding was cool... very fun to see Markus up there. :)
We left for home after the reception was over and had just gotten outside of Quincy when my engine started overheating. *sigh* It would. So we turned the heat on and opened the windows and stopped at a dinky gas station in the middle of nowhere to look for coolant. We're standing there looking at the very limited selection of uncut antifreeze trying to decide what to do... and two older gentlemen started offering all kinds of advice. (ok, so they were really, really old. and hard of hearing. and very obviously bored because they were sitting at a card table in a dinky gas station drinking coffee in their seed corn caps. It was hilarious. And fit every stereotype of old men in small towns.) They told us that the dollar general down the road had pre-cut coolant "two for 9 dollars." And that they were pretty sure that they had got a new shipment in this week. And that they didn't think anybody sold un-cut coolant anymore. Did I mention they were hard of hearing? So funny. I was having a hard time not laughing. Anyway. They were wrong about the price of coolant at DG but we got some there anyway. It didn't really help though so I'm driving the taurus until my car can get fixed. I told Bob he'll have to prepare himself because these things seem to happen to me a lot. :)
But we did make it home without the engine blowing up or something awful like that. And it was an excellent weekend, just really good to see U of I and Champaign people and Scott and Mike.
Blessings.
2 comments:
haha, I would've loved to see those old guys! They sound like the one's you see in the movies or something...
Oh Jenny.. don't be nervous about walking down the aisle. You'll be fine as long you don't get too high of shoes. :)
they were pretty hilarious, you would have laughed a lot too. :)
I'm wearing flats so I don't trip. hopefully. aaahhh.
Post a Comment