As we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together....
So life seems to have slowed down a little bit. Which is great. There are still boxes sitting around, but now it's mostly things that we need to figure out where we want to store.
I attempted apple cider doughnuts with apple juice instead of cider... yeah, they're good, but they don't taste like apple. Which is very sad. I guess I should have been patient and waited for cider. *grin*
We finally got the garage swept out- hooray! There were also a whole bunch of random shelves and hardware stacked in the corner... and a random pallet nailed to the wall. Um... why would you nail a pallet to the wall? We couldn't think of any logical reason. Bob sawed it all into pieces and we're hoping the garbage men take it today. One of our older neighbors saw that both of us were home and came over to introduce herself... and invited us to church... very sweet of her. I really like our new neighborhood.
The Beutel chili supper was Sunday evening. They make good chili. And lots of other good food too. I made a butterscotch peach pie (out of the Farm Journal Pie Cookbook) and I'm kind of glad that there were leftovers.
This is my last week of work. It's weird. And very bittersweet. We all went out for lunch today and Bob joined us.
To quote Scarlett, "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
Blessings.
3 comments:
Now that I'll be singing that song all night....
No problem. :D You needed a little more Vitamin C in your life, right?
I hadn't thought about Scarlett's quote, and I didn't particularly like it cause I like happy ending:) Yet how true and at this point in my life it is relevant so thank you!
Yet we know the Lord has our lives in His Hands and plans for us the fruit of the Spirit at every stage, so praise Him that He holds the future and He wants to give us the blessings of a life in Him.
Love you!
aunt K.
PS Missed your shower:(
Post a Comment