So at least one room looks halfway decorated. :) Probably because there's been a little bit more of a deadline.... haha. Still can't say that I'm all that excited about the baby, but I am excited about how cute the room is! The white against the green-blue just makes me smile... and the nine patch blocks... sadly, with the crib at the highest level you can't see the excellent box pleat in the crib skirt that took much math and measuring.
Have I mentioned that I'm allergic to ironing?? I am. I really should have ironed the curtains before I hung them up, but... I did use my steamer on them, which worked great for the top half. Not so much for the bottom half because, hm... steam rises! O well. The mobile makes me happy too. Any thing that involves balloons, yarn, and copious amounts of glue is pretty awesome, really.
My new rocker is awaiting pads. The ones Mom ordered didn't quite match, but they were super cute- so now we need to decide if we should keep them or order different ones. Right now it will be just fine with the quilt Grandma Beutel made. Oh, and the highchair is just sitting here until it becomes useful...
These are the shelves Bob and I had such fun hanging the other night. They were left in the basement of our house so I cleaned them and gave them a fresh coat of paint. The pictures are soooo cute, I got them on Etsy. I especially like the little hedgehog one- it's called "My favorite book is blue." Yes, please! And the boy and girl duckies from my coworkers... hehe. Hooray for ducks!
Hooray for wood floors.... that need a rug. Unfortunately, area rugs are expensive. And I'm not paying ridiculous amounts of money for something that will be in a babies room....that's shag... that isn't machine washable... and isn't vacuumable. The one that I want that's fairly cheap and not shag and can be vacuumed and put in the wash is from Ikea. Also unfortunately, they don't sell it online and I have no plans of going to Ikea in the near future. *Sigh* Anybody going that wants to pick one up for me? hehe.
Now for the rest of the house... only problem is, I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to do the same things as at the duplex or not... I'm very indecisive.
Blessings.
6 comments:
Idea for an "area rug". Go buy a carpet remnant, pay them $1.50/foot to edge it. Viola area rug at a fraction of the price. :-)
Ooooo, I hadn't thought of that!
It's so cute! I love the wall color too! Can you post a closer up pic of the crib bedding? I want to see :)
We're heading to WI in about 3 weeks...we could probably swing by IKEA if you are still waiting and interested at that point.
Greg
Love it; you're so creative!!! If you want to decorate more, you know where I live... :)
I'll see if I can get a better picture for you Heid! :)
Greg, are you sure Mary wants to take 3 kids through IKEA? hehe... but, I may take you up on that.
O goodness Katie, I don't think I'd do a very good job decorating for somebody else! :P Plus, I think your house looks super cute, you don't need help!
Post a Comment