Friday, September 09, 2011

There shall be showers of blessings...

For some reason, I only ever hear Willie Nelson singing that song in my head.  From an old record.  Yes, I know I'm weird.

I'm really not sure if I'm ready for summer to be over.  I'm glad it's not stifling hot anymore, but I'm not looking forward to cold... at least this year I can park in a garage!  *grin*  And maybe, if we can find a cushy love seat or two comfy chairs for cheap or free, I can curl up with some cocoa in front of our fireplace.  Which we probably shouldn't try and use until we get it inspected and cleaned... hm... candles on the hearth it is... hehe. 

Anyways, it's been a mostly quiet week so far.  Tuesday night I hosted sewing club and basically forgot to invite half the ladies.  *sigh*  My brain is officially mush.  We've been feeling carpet tacks in the doorways, not good, so the carpet guy was supposed to come out and fix that Wednesday afternoon...  I had a doctor appointment and errands to run, so my poor Mom came and chilled all afternoon and he never showed up.  Slightly annoying. 

My coworkers had a baby shower for us yesterday... so weird.  And it makes me feel so mercenary... why, yes, you can buy me all sorts of baby things and then I'll be quitting in a week and will see you very rarely, if ever again.  Mur.  It was fun though, and the cake was wonderful.  I got to bring home the balloons too, which I love. 

Fallish weather makes me want apple cider doughnuts... I wonder if I will have time to make them anytime soon...
Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

If you make apple cider donuts, you can bring some over. :)

I gotta admit, it's kind sad not to have a baby shower the 2nd time around. Not that I want everyone to have to buy me a gift, but it was fun to get all this new stuff. I hinted to my mom that since we're having a boy maybe she should host a "clothes shower." I don't think she agrees. :)

Also, (since this comment is very long already) I am very sad to say I won't be able to come to your baby shower on the 17th, because we will be in MO with the Knapp's for the weekend. :(

Jenny said...

Well, I didn't have cider so I used apple juice. They don't taste enough like apples. :(

Bummer... you have to miss my shower and the pumpkin festival? what are the knapp's thinking?