Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I've got my gear in my pack...

We spent the first part of Labor day weekend camping with our potluck.  It was great fun, but soooo hot.  I'm a big fan of camping when it's not 90 degrees.  Or in the mountains.  Or up north.  Ah well, we were with cool people so it was totally worth it.  I pretty much forgot to take any pictures... oops. 

One of our Christmas presents last year was thermarest sleeping pads for camping.  They're pretty much amazing, when you can sleep on your back.  Um... yeah, I'm not supposed to.  So we borrowed an air mattress from my parents.  It had an electric pump and since there wasn't any electricity at the timber we brought along our power inverter... that decided not to work.  Bob ended up taking it to Rollyn's and inflating it there.  By the time he got back, it had already deflated some.  Ahh.  Deep breaths.  Just slightly frustrating.  We started off the night mostly off the ground, but every time I woke up more of my body was in contact with the parched, hard, baked earth.  In the morning we were on a nice flat piece of plastic... so comfortable.  hehe.  Honestly, the worst part of the whole thing was probably my attitude because I slept pretty well (for camping) and I wasn't sore in the morning.  And I guess now I have bragging rights, because how many other people can say they've slept on the ground at 36 weeks?  *grin*

Saturday was rather warm... I spent most of it in a lawn chair just chilling and laughing at the kids running around.  Then the rain came through and we had to scramble to get everything undercover.  I was glad we'd already packed our tent and stuff up.  Mary and I went back to our house to get my veggies for the evening and freshen up a little bit and made it back to the timber just in time for the second wave of rain and the storm.  We ended up eating supper in the cabin and then moving to the Beutel cabin for s'mores later on. 

After church Bob and I headed over to Kaleigh's house for an Arizona trip reunion... Bob went, I didn't, but I've heard all about it.  :)  Mike was there, and Jomama... It was really good to see them all again, and see K's horse and mule.  hehe.  The weather was awesome.  I love how nice and cool it got.  

Monday I slept in and it was wonderful.  We got the baseboard all back on and painted- hooray for no more nail holes staring at me!  And some curtains hung... and the house clean and laundry done.  Then I decided that we needed another lamp in the living room.  The duplex had wall lights so we never needed lamps, now our house has no wired lights at all in the living room.  Which, in my opinion, is crazy.  I get the whole mood lighting thing, but it's really nice to be able to see sometimes... or all the time... like for cleaning, or reading, or just sitting.  I don't like dimness.  Anyway, we went lamp shopping and then got pizza for supper. 

And back to work today... as Bob reminded me, my ninth to last day.  Aaahhh.  Don't want to think about it.
Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was wonderful seeing you again this past weekend!! of course our time together flew past...so we'll have to do it again soon. :)
love ya, Jo

Anonymous said...

So where did you camp?
Who are Kaleigh, Mike and Jomama?

I have been thinking of you. I have to miss your shower as we are going to go to the Ozarks with our K. family that weekend:)

I love your 3 legged lamp!! It looks so cool in the corner. You have been so busy with home and produce. I am impressed.

Take care. Keep being good:) We love you. Looking forward to your news when the time comes and praying for a safe, healthy delivery.

Aunt K.

Heidi said...

yeah, it must have a thing in the 60's, (assuming your house is about that age). The living room where we're at now has no ceiling lights and neither does the living room at our new house. I personally like it. :) Luke would agree with you though.

Jenny said...

Haha... yeah, it was built in 1960. :) My parents living room doesn't have ceiling lights either, and it's even older.

It's fine for just sitting around talking, but I hosted sewing club last night and a few of the girls brought their mending and it's kind of dim to try and sew!