So I've been kind of a lazy bum all week. Which I love. *grin*
I went to the doc on Tuesday and then returned some stuff. Apparently Target has registry problems because I ended up with triples of a few things... which is no fun when people see their gift twice at showers, and no fun for me because returning things is never a smooth process.
There were a few spots in our bathrooms where there was no trim and the old linoleum was curling, so to keep the new stuff from doing the same thing they told us to put in some quarter round. Not hard, except that we don't have a miter box or a miter saw... so I resorted to the coping saw and a square... which worked great. Except that the walls/vanities aren't necessarily square... it's not the best job in the world so don't look too close. Ok, it's pretty bad. But it will serve its purpose until we can get new vanities. Which I want to do right now! The counter top in one bathroom has a pointless overhang that I banged my head into. Hard. It hurt. I had a bump for a day or so.
Dang came for supper last night. Otherwise, I've been trying to put stuff away and get it out of boxes and into closets and onto shelves. We finally got some pictures hung on the walls tonight. Poor Bob got the lovely job of helping me hang shelves in the baby's room. Drywall anchors and I do not get along. At all. And he's been getting random opinion requests for what to hang where. Hehe.
So the other day I had the windows open and heard one of my favorite things... "Band, a-ten-HUT!" Yeah, I like where we live. :) Although, it's very sad that T-town doesn't have a competitive marching band so I could listen to the awesomeness every day...
Blessings.
3 comments:
You can come over to our house. We don't live especially close to the high school, but I can still hear the band practicing every day. Even inside with the windows shut.
Thankfully we couldn't hear anything from the pumpkin festival though. :)
oooo... and they're really good too! I might have to come over... :P
Ugh, yeah I would take marching band over crazy loud music and screaming teenage girls at the turkey fest, and the P-fest is how much bigger?
We used to have an awesome marching band when I was in high school, but alas, the band teacher that I had retired and of course, I've been out of school for many, many years:)
Post a Comment