It looks like there are iris and tulips and resurrection lilies coming up outside. There are crocus blooming in random parts of the yard too. Yay! I love spring.
This weekend felt really long for some reason, which is nice! We went to rotating potluck on Friday. I baked a peach pie and a rhubarb-apple pie (both from the Farm Journal Pie cookbook) and they turned out amazing. They set up better than any pie I've made I think.... *grin* I like pie. We took little miss with us and she did pretty good, but she just gets louder and noisier as the night goes on so we broke up the party a little bit early.
Saturday we went to Menards and picked out a new light and got some stuff for our drainage project. Woot woot. And now that the utilities were marked today we may have to change that plan... yikesabee. Clayton randomly dropped by on his way home from a wedding that afternoon. My parents volunteered to watch Cecily in the evening while we went to testimonies. They were for an older couple and it was a blessing to be there. It made me wonder what my Grandparents' provings were like and if Grandpa got choked up. I do know he was afraid of being under water so he held on to the side of the tub for dear life... hehe.
Little miss did great with her four babysitters; Jakey and Aunty Shelly showed up after we left. *eye roll* Now we just need to decide what to do with her during communion.
I was eating lunch on Sunday and when Clayton sat down next to me... um, what?... yeah he and Nick just decided to come to Tremont to see "friends." (I'm pretty sure that is code for "a girl.") And Breanna was in town with her in laws so after lunch in walked Shelly to see her. *Sigh* nobody ever comes to visit me.
I love this weather and I want to be outside. But then I go outside and see all the work that needs doing and I don't even know where to start. Ugh. And I need a tiller. Anyway.
Blessings.
5 comments:
It must be something about their age, cause Carter has been very loud lately too.
And don't you know that everyone is needed to help take care of a baby? I'm surprised Matt didn't show up too. :)
Ha! Matt was probably off traveling somewhere...
How neat to have flowers coming up as if they are saying "welcome to your new home, we're glad you're here"! And how did I miss all these visitors on Sunday?! I didn't even see them, let alone get to them.... :(
I know! I'm excited to see what else comes up!
I think I would have missed them all too if they hadn't found me. Or rather, Cecily. :)
Too funny! Next time, warn me and I'll carry her around. :) She's so cute, what can I say?!
Post a Comment