Ooohh... and Mr. Faw came and tilled my garden today! (For Mom- he's not a creepy gypsy! He's nice and his tiller has a sticker on it that says "My boss is a Jewish carpenter." *grin*) I haven't planted anything yet, it still seems waaay too early.
So here's a picture finally of the 3rd Saturday Quilt club quilt that I've finally finished piecing. Now I need to decide if I want to try to quilt it myself or have it machine quilted.
Cecily's pretty Easter dress- the pattern is from the 40's, but because I can't not modify a pattern I added the sash and the tucks on the skirt and an invisible zipper. Which are amazing and have revolutionized sewing for me. The buttons came from grandma Koch's stash and the lace from my mom's stash.
The tucks should probably be lower, but I realized that too late and I don't think I want to take half the dress out.
And what you've all been waiting for: gratuitous pictures of Cecily! She's sad because she needs more toys...
After a long day in church. Little turtle baby.
And she's learning to grab onto things- like hair! And she doesn't know how to let go so beware! *grin*
Blessings.
2 comments:
Very cute dress and lovely quilt (looks like a lot of work!)!
I think we had the same vine on our fence. It looked terribly overgrown and it was huge! It took a lot of digging on Mike's part, but I think we finally got rid of most of it after two years. There are still pieces that pop up in our bushes that we can't get rid of without destroying our bushes.
Thanks Katie! It helps that I had to get one block done every month for the class- it made it less overwhelming.
Ugh. Yeah, I have a feeling we're going to be fighting vines for a while. Hooray!
Post a Comment