Wednesday, March 07, 2012

The world is at sixes and sevens

And why the house hasn't fallen down around our ears long ago is beyond me.  Our lights, on the other hand, seem to fall down quite frequently. 

Remember this lovely light fixture?  I makes me think of an old library or office or newsroom where they would all wear visors to shade their eyes....  I also maybe thought it was kind of ugly, but I could live with it.  *grin*



I've never really touched it except to dust it occasionally.  So last night Cecily had actually gone to bed early-ish for a change and Bob and I were both using our computers...about to go to bed... and the glass shade fell off.  All 346 square inches of it hit Bob on the neck and shoulders and then hit the floor and shattered.  There was glass EVERYWHERE.  All over the desk, the couch, the floor, her bouncy seat, her excersaucer on the other side of the room.  Ohmygoodness scared the daylights out of me!  Poor Bob got a few small cuts.    



I'm sooo glad little miss was sleeping!  It took a long time to clean up.  I finally went to bed around midnight, and now I'm paranoid about Cecily and glass.  But, it's an ill wind that blows no good- this corner hasn't been this clean since we moved in, I got a jump start on spring cleaning, and now we have to replace the ugly light! Woot woot.


Blessings.

2 comments:

Old Farmer said...

Someone must be doing gymnastics on the 2nd floor!

Jenny said...

I hope not! We don't want any animals in our attic...

And I didn't ever knock anything off the chandelier, did I?