You're getting positively elderly... going to Florida, being a Grandma, hehe.
We've been keeping busy. My brothers came over for real food a few times while my parents were in Florida (they went to drive my grandparents home- or so they say. Hehe).
Cecily and I spent an afternoon at G and G Beutel's to see Laura and kids... Mom and Auntie Shelly and Troy came over.... we went to a baby shower for Melissa and Lincoln... I've been working on her Easter dress and stenciling a border on our wall.
Yeah.... never thought I'd be doing such a thing, stencil borders haven't been "cool" for a while. But, I got a book about Arts and Crafts houses for Christmas and stencils were cool in the 20's and 30's. And I really liked how they looked. Anyway, I fell in love with one and decided to put it on the beam between our kitchen and family room.
The middle is weird because my math is bad and neither Jakey nor Bob understood what I meant when I was talking about repeats; so this is what I ended up with. I still like it. And it took forever (baby breaks) and made my wrist sore so I'm not redoing it and probably never going to stencil again. *grin*
Bob is teaching Cecily to type.
And reading her "Trail Through Danger." She likes westerns. Really.
I'm getting excited for spring.
Blessings.

2 comments:
aww I love that top picture, it makes me smile! :) :) I am impressed with your border too!! - K :)
I had a great laugh.
I told Randy how amazing you are. I love the stencil--very cool, hee hee. Actually it is a very updated look. Sorry about your wrists. The breaks do stretch out projects and when you get my age you use that for an excuse to not start which isn't good as there are very few days without interruptions and then I am tired! I get distracted easily from room to room now so I really can't blame grandkids, kids, hubby, etc.
Glad Cecily likes westerns and typing. She'll do well. She is adorable. Can't wait to see her Easter dress.
You still need to come see us and Laura in KC!
Love,
aunt k.
Post a Comment