Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Check marks

I love it when the to-do list gets shorter and not longer...
 
The garage is painted!  I borrowed my parent's paint sprayer for the back wall with all of the shelves.  Set up and cleanup took longer than the actual painting, which I love.  The grey is so much nicer than that sad, streaky green.  Somehow it makes it feel cleaner.  It's really still a gross and dirty garage, but hey, fresh paint!  *grin*
 
... I love before and afters...
 Saturday morning we tackled the grading problem in the back.  The yard sloped towards the house all along the inside of the "L."  So we roped Rustin and Sharon into helping us and we got a truckload of dirt to spread.   

Now it all slopes away from the house.  It looked so fresh and clean; now there are leaves falling and weeds poking up after the rain.  The pea gravel (bounded by ubiquitous brick) is from the previous owner- it goes down to the footing tile.


I looks like such a lovely blank slate to plant things in.  I'm thinking hydrangeas since it's mostly shaded.  Any other suggestions?

Blessings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to use ubiquitous in a sentence...
Mom

Joanna said...

i'm glad i got to see you on sunday!!

Anonymous said...

I have some oak leaf hydrangea shoots that need to be dug up this fall.....want any?

Sergey said...

I would plant Chamomile, in remembrance of the Motherland. When I was a lad, we would pick it fresh from the steppes, and there was a girl in Kursk, Anna Plisetskeya was her name, she would wear it in her braids in the summer. But that was long ago, before the war, and such things have passed away.

Jenny said...

Diane- Sure! I don't have a good track record with transplanting, but I'd take some to try!

Sergey, unfortunately, Chamomile needs full sun. You'll just have to replant the steppes.