So we hosted potluck activity tonight (no meal, plus kids) and we decided to try making homemade ice cream again. This time we checked out the motor on our ice cream freezer and discovered that there were no gears connected to the part that would make the dasher turn. No dasher = no churning = no ice cream. Soooo.... our ice cream freezer also came with a hand crank that is geared correctly and Bob came up with this handy little fix. The motor is connected to the hand crank with a precisely engineered piece of wood and stabilized with rope tied to the step stool... classy.
While we waited for ice cream, the girls played in the turtle pool. How many kids can you fit in a very small turtle?
| I love Cecily's face... she was so excited all night. |
They splashed all the water out so we filled it back up. We also used the play gym thing for the first time- thanks Streitmatters!
It worked great and we ended up with thick and yummy ice cream! Hooray! I did email the manufacturer because I don't think we want to recreate this setup each time we make ice cream. I mean, you really shouldn't have to be machining your own parts to get it to work...
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment