Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paper and Pears

So I totally forgot, but we've lived here for one year on Monday.  Happy Anniversary House!
 
 
 
Little miss and I spent most of Tuesday at Matt and Lena's.  We finished pulling off the wallpaper and started wiping down woodwork and baseboards and things.  Layers of wallpaper on top of patterned drywall.  I'd never heard of such a thing, and now that I've seen it, I can see why it never caught on.  *grin*   When we got home, little miss discovered a box of Nilla wafers in the diaper bag... and proceeded to get crumbs everywhere.

 
 Ooooohhhh.  Summer is almost over.  Mur.  But lawn furniture is on sale!  So I ordered these for super cheap.  They were not fun to put together.  Poor Bob, the things he does for me. 
 
They match the white trim and our red doors, and are totally retro.  Love.
 I dug out the bricks in the remaining flower bed last week.  That trench contained two (three on one end) layers of patio pavers and bricks laid side by side on top.  Woot.

 
Today Cecily and I went to the farm and canned pears.  Not only did Aunty Shelly let little miss chase a kitty across the dirty shed floor, she also let her play in the sink to clean up.  It was hilarious.  (Yes, that is her laughing.) 

Blessings.

2 comments:

Katie LeAnne said...

Removing wallpaper is one of the worst jobs! After all the wallpaper that we removed, I will be more careful what house we buy in the future!

What an entertaining child you have! That's my favorite age; they are so funny (although I'm sure frustrating too)! ;)

Jenny said...

Yeah, I'm not sure I would buy a house with tons of wallpaper either. Maybe only if I had tons of time before I had to move in. :)

She cracks me up sometimes... and drives me crazy most of the rest of the time. :P