I only have a week left of break- that kind of makes me sad. But I just started reading Ivanhoe and it's so good and it makes me happy. :)
My favorite part of break and summer is that I actually have time to read. I still have a few books to get through before I've read all the books that I own. I am a total bibliophile! My book shelves were full years ago, now I have books stacked two deep and laid across the top and some on the floor. O well, my dad is worse.
So far over break I have read:
This Present Darkness
The Girl of the Limberlost
Out of the Silent Planet
Perelandra
That Hideous Strength
Ivanhoe.
The list of books I haven't started is much longer. And I never did finish Gulliver's Travels. And I still have a gift certificate to B & N. Ah, well. So many books, so little time.
I got to sing at the home with Washington for the first time in ages Friday night! It was great fun. And then my dumb brother knew a "short cut" to Heidi's afterwards and 4 cars followed me as we went in circles. Too funny!
Friday is my last night at Lindy's (for the second time- hopefully they will be nice) and I will be sad again. Unless I work prom it will probably be the last time I get to work there.
Well anyway, I am going to go read Ivanhoe. :)
2 comments:
I know the feeling of "so many books, so little time." I love to read, and I used to read a ton! But anymore...I haven't had much time. I still read, though...right now I'm reading 3 books: To Catch a Thief, Girl Meets God, and The Case for Christ. I also have another book I'm sort of reading but am currently 'on break' from.
But I don't have long to finish them, 'cause school starts Thursday! Yay!! :)
Jenny- I would highly recommend after you finish your current book to read Piercing the Darkness, which is also by frank peretti and is the same type of book as This Present Darkness. You will find it to be just as good. I'm a big fan of peretti. I'm reading his book called the Visitation right now!
Post a Comment