Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life is Good

So I had a wonderful weekend. I got to go home, our singing went well, and we had enough chairs for everybody. Having the older people there was great! Dad asked them to give off their favorite songs and share why they meant something to them. It was really cool to hear, and I think they all had a good time. We even had sandwiches left over so I don't have to buy lunch meat this week. :)

Saturday morning I got up at five (way too early) and left for Chestnut Mountain with Heidi, Kendra, and Shelly. We had so much fun!! I haven't been skiing for at least 2 years so I was afraid I would be really bad but I managed to not die so that was good. We all got to teach kendra how to ski...or something, I think she picked it up pretty fast considering. O, and it drizzled pretty much all day. I didn't really notice because it was warm enough to not be miserable and I didn't feel wet until right before we left. And the fake snow was actually soft, not icy. So it was all good. :)

I got to drive and they were all supposed to keep me awake on the way home. They of course promptly fell asleep, lulled by the rain and the overly warm car (for some reason they didn't agree that I would stay awake better if it was just slightly chilly). But we made it, and in plenty (less than an hour) of time to make it to some very unique testimonies. :)

So now I'm tired and sore, and back in Champaign and I really don't want to work on my homework yet.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's 10PM and the lights are OFF! I'm left to the cold dark room to stub my little toesies. I'd say you had a fun weekend, but obviously it got to ya. hehe just givin' ya a hard time.